Submitted by Pennie Yocum
| RSS Feed
| Add Comment
| Bookmark Me!
Aruba is more than just picture perfect beaches, beautiful weather and an oasis of relaxation. It’s now one of the best places in the world to hold a business meeting, convention or other corporate function. Why? The U.S. Treasury Department announced that the United States and Aruba signed the Tax Information Exchange Agreement (TIEA) between the two countries. How would this be of interest to event and meeting planners? Because conducting meetings on Aruba will now be exactly like having meetings in the United States, in terms of tax benefits. That’s right; U.S. taxpayers can claim tax deductions for all expenses associated with meetings, seminars and conventions held in Aruba. As a result, Aruba now becomes the ninth significant offshore financial center to sign such an agreement with the United States.
Calling All Meeting Planners! Aruba’s Gorgeous Beaches, Luxury Resorts, And Tax Incentives Make It An Irresistible Choic
So, why did this agreement happen in the first place? Well, besides the economic benefit that Aruba will no doubt enjoy from the increased business, there are a few other good reasons:
• It’s an example of goodwill between the U.S. and Aruba
• Helps to ensure that no safe haven exists for funds associated with illicit activities, including terrorism, money laundering and tax evasion.
• Serves as a pledge to maintain the confidence of honest taxpayers, and the fairness of the tax systems in the two countries’ dealings.
“Aruba is extremely optimistic about the Tax Information Exchange Agreement with the United States and the fact that for tax purposes, having a meeting in Aruba is now just as easy as one in United States,” said Minister of Tourism and Transportation Edison Briesen. “We hope that the TIEA and the availability of brand-new tax incentives for the group and meetings/incentives markets will make Aruba even more of a desirable destination.”
Why Else Should You Plan Your Next Business Function in Aruba?
• Many great hotels and resorts, offering every amenity needed, including:
o High Speed Internet Access
o Professional Event Management Teams
o 22,000 square foot Convention Center
o Business Equipment
o Meeting Equipment
o AV equipment
• Renaissance Island, a 40-acre private island for business events
• The Island boasts an average temperature of 82 degrees Fahrenheit, is pleasantly cooled by the near constant trade winds and receives very little rain.
• Easy customs process: Some say its like they weren't entering a foreign country
• Lots of entertainment, dining and Casino choices
• World class golf at Tierra del Sol: An 18-hole championship course, designed by the world-renowned Robert Trent Jones, Jr
• The North Shore: Check out the interesting and undeveloped moonscape of Aruba’s north shore. It’s a great place for four-wheel-drive vehicles.
• Oranjestad for great shopping, including emeralds!
• Incredible Dining! Aruba has a distinct culinary power
• The U.S. dollar is accepted everywhere, and English is spoken universally
The Final Word
If you’re a meeting or event planner, Aruba definitely needs to be highly considered. Where else can you enjoy all the diverse experiences of an island paradise and then receive tax benefits as well? If one thing is true, it’s that Aruba has a dizzying array of things to do: the action is nonstop both day and night.
When is the time to come to Aruba? Anytime! The temperature is relatively constant and there is no point in the year that regularly receives inclement weather. While the high season spans from January through March, expect to find lighter crowds and exceptional deals on lodging from April through December.
|Women at the Casino Online -
As the casino online network grows, so too do the number of women playing their favorite casino game...|
|Winning Video Poker Machine Tips -
Everyone has seen her, and most of us, at one time or another, have been lured to her by her bright ...|
|Traveling to Nice and the South of France -
The South of France is the gem of Europe. Charming medieval towns, beaches, resorts and of course, w...|
|The Perfect Storm In The American Economy--What The Dollar's Decline Really Mean -
A single bad event, by itself, is rarely a cause for worry. But put that single bad event together w...|
|The Magic Roulette Number -
The magic roulette number is a uniquely personal number. If you have a favorite number between 1 and...|
|The Lucky Croupier -
The pretty young croupier looked up at her aged visitant and assisted him. The expensive casino only...|
|The Best Of Online Betting Through Casino Gaming 1 -
Technology keeps advancing at a rapid rate with no end in sight and online betting is no exception. ...|
|Surviving A Losing Streak -
Surviving a losing streak is one of the most difficult situations any gambler can experience and hop...|
|South Africa Casinos -
In South Africa, casinos and gambling are very popular. The most profitable South Africa casino is S...|
|Short Money Poker Players -
Every time a poker player sits down to play the cash game, whether it is in a Las Vegas casino, at h...|