Submitted by Sam Shepherd
| RSS Feed
| Add Comment
| Bookmark Me!
How to know the invisible God personally
How to know the invisible God personally
24) "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.
25) And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else.
26) From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.
27) God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.
(all people are "bubble-wrapped", so to speak, by God's invisible Spirit every moment
of every day. Each breath we take the unseen Spirit is both inside and outside our bodies
and minds, because he is able to literally be everywhere at the same time. Psa 139:1-14
describes some of God's unlimited powers)
18) No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.
(for about 33 years God was visible on this earth in a physical human body. Look to
Christ in order to "see" God...he was the only person ever to be conceived by God's
Spirit. See Luke 1: 35)
20) Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.
(we must first acknowledge the Spirit's "small, still voice" nudging our consciences;
then God will reveal the need for Jesus Christ within, and draw us to him over time) see
44) "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
22) And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.
(we gradually grow to recognize God's Spirit through his gentle prodding inside)
16) And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever—
17) the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
18) I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
19) Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.
20) On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
21) Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."
(for anyone doing his/her best to bring their lifestyles and behavior in line with the
Scriptures, even though we can never be perfect like Christ, God's Spirit will "show himself")
Click for Details --> 24 topics common to all people <--
45) It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me.
(we learn from the Scriptures, his Spirit's guidance in our consciences, yes-or-no
answers to prayer, and daily circumstances that happen as we interact with other people)
16) All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
17) so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
6) And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
18) The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.
8) Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
27) As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.
(the word "counterfeit" reminds us it is critical to acknowledge 1John 4:1-2, which speaks
about testing the Spirits and being on guard against false prophets)
12) We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.
13) This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.
14) The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
*Note: italics added to relate to topic title; author comments in parentheses to clarify
"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" - John 8:32