Submitted by Sam Shepherd
| RSS Feed
| Add Comment
| Bookmark Me!
(This is one of 24 major life-topics common to all people and explained by hundreds of related verses in the new book, "Bible Basics". With a total of just 124 easy-to-read pages in printed form, the reader will quickly gain better understanding of the truths found in the Scriptures. So let the light shine inside...grace and peace await anyone who sincerely searches.
For more info and to see the Table of Contents, visit www.authorhouse.com/biblebasics. To download e-books in various mobile formats, go to www.smashwords.com, search for Bible Basics, scroll down to choose).
Bible = Word of God:
1) Dear friends, this is now my second letter to you. I have written both of them as reminders to stimulate you to wholesome thinking.
2) I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.
(the 12 apostles lived and traveled with Christ for about 3 years, "up close and personal". Ample opportunities to write down his words)
1) Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us,
2) just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word.
3) Therefore, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, it seemed good to me to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus,
4) so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.
(Luke, a doctor who sometimes traveled with Paul, assures us his account came from eyewitnesses of Christ, and that its teachings were orderly and certain)
16) We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17) For he received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."
18) We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain.
26) When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, "Dear woman, here is your son,"
27) and to the disciple, "Here is your mother." From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.
(John, the disciple above, had direct dialogue with Christ's mother after his crucifixion, she being the only person who knew him from birth and for all 33 years of his life on earth)
24) This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true.
(also John, testifying that the writings in his book are accurate)
4) For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
*Note: italics added to relate to topic title; author comments in parentheses to clarify
"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" - John 8:32
Click for Details --> 24 topics common to all people <--